Pictures of the PM-833T

That was one of the first mods I did to my mill. Oh, and FYI, the 'needing more light' thingie doesn't get any better the older you get. ;)

7milesup thanks for taking the time for all the pictures and your thoughts. The most detail I have seen for this machine. I keep coming back to it. Do I get the 833t and be done with it or get a smaller rf and hold out for a knee mill down the rd. I wish our dollar wasn t so bad! May be the one . Again thanks for your pics!

I like it , about what I planned to do using one of the magnifying lamps they sell . You know the China cheapism.

Good day, I have ordered a 833tv with an anticipated ship date of mid June. I will be building my own stand. I just got off the phone with PM and they could not answer my question and suggested I check with you folks. I am after the measurement from the bottom of the machine (where it sits on the stand) to the top of the table. Thanks

It is 10-1/8" from the base of the mill to the top of the X-Y table.

It is 10-1/8" from the base of the mill to the top of the X-Y table.
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed. According to PM's site Height of Table Working Surface, mounted on optional stand 39-1/2″. The stand states it is 35"tall. With your measurements that would put the working surface at 45-1/8". When I talked to PM this afternoon they agreed that the measurements did not make sense but could not offer confirmation.

Here is a couple more pictures.
My stand is about 36.5" from floor to chip tray. From floor to top of table is 46.75" I am 6ft tall. It is about right. I would not go any taller personally.

Attachments

• 20210515_105229.jpg
    20210515_105229.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • 20210515_105241.jpg
    20210515_105241.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
My stand is about 36.5" from floor to chip tray. From floor to top of table is 46.75" I am 6ft tall. It is about right. I would not go any taller personally.
7milesup. Thank you for the picts, I am dong everything I can in advance to be ready for delivery. Lots of homework and reading on this machine. This site has been a tremendous help!!!!

I have another question. How much room is required from the back of the machine to the wall? In some photos it looks as if the back is flat top to bottom. In the online manual it appears there is a box attached to the back of the mill?

Mine does not have a box. It could go tight up against the wall.

EDIT: If you are looking at the owners manual and see the box on there, you will also notice that that was only on machines shipped before 2017.

Back