pistol work

Looks real good after you got the color on it..

So the aluminum ejector shroud covers the barrel entirely ? What is that ring around the barrel? That a joint? I presume that the front section of the shroud screws on the hold the rear section...Whats it look like from the muzzle?

Looks real good after you got the color on it..

So the aluminum ejector shroud covers the barrel entirely ? What is that ring around the barrel? That a joint? I presume that the front section of the shroud screws on the hold the rear section...Whats it look like from the muzzle?

No joint in the barrel, just wanted something a little distinctive. The shroud was machined as a separate piece. The bottom of the barrel was machined flat (as was the top of the shroud), but I used a slotting saw to cut a small slot at the front of the barrel flat that extended into the barrel perhaps an eighth of an inch. The shroud has a small ledge on the front/top, that protrudes out and fits into the slot in the barrel. Don't recall if these pictures show it, but the shroud is held by the ledge at the front, and there is a small 4-40 cap screw that is countersunk in the shroud on the bottom, just behind the angled flat on the shroud. It is tapped into the bottom of the barrel. The muzzle is flat across, but with an 11 degree crown recessed in the middle portion.

Back