Placed First Order With Enco

Anthony G

Registered
Registered
Finally got around to placing an order with Enco for tooling for the Atlas I bought a couple months ago. I couldn't justify an Aloris or Dorian QCTP for the limited "hobby" type machining I will be doing, so I bought the Phase II AXA wedge style. Bought a couple drill chucks and corresponding arbors for the tailstock, a live center, some bits ( although I have quite a few), a few center drills, a slotted angle plate, cutoff blades, and few other things. I found a code on the Internet for 20% off + Free UPS Shipping. Spent just under $400 after the discount. Could have easily spent another $400. This will get me going for now. I'm restoring a 6" Rock Island vise (200 pounder) from the late 1930s. I need to make a new handle and end spheres (balls). Might have to make a radius turning tool (is that the right name?) that mounts on the compound to make the balls.

Congrats! Please post pictures of the radius (or ball) turning tool when you build it.

Congrats man! Sounds like a solid list. Be warned, it gets addicting.

Hey did anybody hear that loud whirring noise? Yupp we got another one he's hooked , now we just gotta show him the right bait. After awhile it'll be time for a mill , then a bigger lathe , then a bigger or horizontal mill. Plus all the bells and whistles . Welcome to land of the machinist . It ain't oz but times it sure seems like it. Now go forth and multiply thy chips . Have fun really I mean it.

I got a 30% off coupon soon after I first signed up for their email promos. But, I missed it because I didn't check my email that day and it was for one day only. It didn't have free shipping with it, but I figured it out and it still would have been a better deal than the 20% off coupon I used combined with the free shipping. But, that's OK.

As far as the radius turning tool I think I prefer the "turret" style. Not sure of the proper name. Whatever works is good, though.

I saw that radius turner on eBay way back when It first came out and he was selling it as a kit. made out of aluminum. Being the cheap hobby machinist I stole the idea and made one out of crs. :laughing:

Back