PM-1236 Tool Post Removal

Matt- Since you are here on the boards it saves me a call tomorrow :)

Question about the power connection. I am wired in my shop for a nominal 240VAC. The manual states on page three that the lathe requires 240VAC 60Hz, but then on page five it says as shipped it is 220VAC with a recommendation to alter the connections to the 24VAC transformer. However, it doesn't say what to alter. Obviously, I don't want to let the magic smoke out of the transformer :)

Do you have a line diagram or pictures of how to wire the transformer for a nominal voltage of 240VAC?

Also, the machine came with wiring already in place to connect to a disconnect switch. The wire color is black, brown, and yellow with a green stripe. Just to be clear, the yellow/green stripe cable is for ground correct and not a neutral?

Thanks Matt.

I wouldnt worry much about the transformer. The diagram would be right on the transformer on a sticker. You CAN change it, its marked on the transformer itself what the input power is, they are different but usually its like terminals 20 and 21 are for 220, terminals 20 to 22 are 240, or something like that. It comes wired on 220 to work for the power that is 208 or 240, which is what people have. (More have 240, but a lot of industrial places are 208, like where we are) They are within 10%. If your power is more like 250V which I see a lot, you may want to change it if there are the taps for it, but its really not a big deal. Never had a problem from not changing it.

There is no neutral on the machine, yes the yellow/green wire is ground, and the other 2 are the 220V hot legs.

And we have life! Thanks everyone... Machine has been powered up and tested fully functional. No chips yet, but will get there later this week. Appreciate everyone's help.

Back