Pm-1640hd. Anyone Have Any Experience With One?

Won't be any issues with rigidity, that thing is a monster. Look forward to seeing it in action.

I will be making a video to review it once I get it set up. Since there's not many of these floating around out on the interweb.

Yes that is a pretty big machine! Its up on the pallet though, its not as tall as it seems, but it is a heavy one.

I have a lot of these out there, but because of the size and cost, most go to larger shops. Where the guys use them at work, go home, and don't want to talk about them. So you will find some here and there on the forums, but not as many as the smaller machines.

I have taken a .400" Depth of cut (Per side, .800 Total) and it handled it pretty well, that was about the max though. Well for that tool anyway. There is a video of .200 per side on youtube, that was nothing. (As it should be on a heavy lathe like that)

It was my own machine probably about 10 years ago now that I did the .400 on, just wanted to see what it could do. It was a little scary actually.

You will like this lathe, it really is a nice, really heavy duty machine.

I'm looking forward to it getting here. For what I'm going to be doing with it I believe it is going to be more than sufficient.

Back