Pm 25 Vs. Pm 727

I am happy with the mill and the DRO installation. Installation is very professional looking and the sensors inconspicuously placed and do not limit the travel of the table or the head. I use the quill DRO (looks like part of a digital caliper) more than the head DRO. The variable speed feature is well worth the extra expense.

Reactions: rwm
Welcome to the forum.

We're ready for your next question ;)

JOhn

What are the first set of tooling would you buy to play with aluminum and cold roll steel. Thanks for a lot of help with all the great answers

I decided to go with 727v and I will do the dro. Later my budget is kind of limited

Vise, hold down set, measuring tools, end mills, boring head, flycutter, and of course Safety Glasses.

Limited budget? Who has that ;)

Measuring tools are essential but you don't need super expensive ones to start. A vise is critical too and this is an area where you may want to spend a little more, it doesn't have to be a Curt but don't go with the cheapest thing on eBay either. Other tooling you need really depends on what your first projects are likely to be.

Give that some thought and check out some of the other threads on what tools to buy and come back with more questions....

Cheers,

John

Thanks a good vise choice .

Shars has some deals going now, here's my thread asking the question from a few weeks back. Should give a starting point for research.

john

Also making stuff yourself can build skills and produce tooling you can really be proud of.

John

Back