PM-45M-CNC Setup and Configuration with Mach3

I don't know the pulse rate but when you are moving the table it should be high enough to measure as a voltage increase.
I would get the estop and limit switches working as they should be easier to troubleshoot being that they are static on or off. Then move to the steppers and spindle.

What amount of volts and amp are you using to power your pdmx I think I just fried mine... to many amps

I don't remember but I followed the documentation. Why do you think that the PDMX is fried? As long as your power supply is rated at the correct voltage you should be good.

20230121_174306.jpg
Thats why it blew up in my face haha it totally blew a switch in my mill as well so I don't know if I destroyed the transformer or just the power shut off switch

looks like you might have had a direct short to ground.

So I finally got it working again. is your power to you pdmx-126 coming directly from your power shut off switch? just wired in 220 into the board?

I think I found a 110VAC after the main power contactor that then goes to the linier power supply that then provides the power to the PDMX-126. I don't remember exactly where I grabbed the connection but it does power on/off with the main power shut-off switch.

I think I found a 110VAC after the main power contactor that then goes to the linier power supply that then provides the power to the PDMX-126. I don't remember exactly where I grabbed the connection but it does power on/off with the main power shut-off switch.
So I can go off that power supply from the L and N to get my 110 then connect those 2 to my 110 slot and natural on the pdmx correct? because that is the AC line in and the +-V would be DC

Last edited:
Not sure I follow what you are describing but I don't believe that there will be a problem in using 1 leg of the 220 to get 110 as an input to the AC/DC supply that provides low voltage DC to the PMDX. If in doubt, find a AC/DC power supply that accepts 220 as an input. I have no doubt that they are readily available.

so, i did end up blowing up my board, sent it in for repairs, and got it all hooked up together. its running as it should so im happy now. ill post everything i did once i have gotten it to start milling steel. thank you @Boswell for the help!

Back