PM-833TV power switch...

Tipton1965

Registered
Registered
The PM-833's do not have a power switch. If it's plugged into the wall the VFD is on and the cooling fan is active. Some say this is a major oversight and I have to agree. I've been using the breaker to turn mine on/off but it's somewhat hillbillyish. So looking at my photo is there an online source that sells a similar switch that has the proper rating for my machine? Thanks!

8HG958455001-2.jpg

You want a push on push off switch correct? They do exist but probably don't look exactly like your picture
You could put a conventional heavy duty house type toggle in a box with a cord and outlet and mount it close to the existing outlet- just a thought
You could also use a small power strip, that's hillbilly approved
-Mark

You want a push on push off switch correct? They do exist but probably don't look exactly like your picture
You could put a conventional heavy duty house type toggle in a box with a cord and outlet and mount it close to the existing outlet- just a thought
-Mark
Yes push on push off......most of them seem to be 12 volt rated.

you are going to have a hard time finding pushbutton control switches rated for 20 amps.
by contrast, toggle switches routinely have 15 and 20 amp ratings respectively.

i have twistlock nema plugs on my equipment, when i'm done, i pull the plug

You could use a light duty push switch combined with a relay to switch a high current motor. Use a solid state relay (SSR) and it would be totally silent, no click or hum
-M

I wired a 120v right next to it to power my lights and power feed. Just flip both switches at the same time and I'm ready to go.

Back