PM 932M-PDF table and head travel distance oddity

yota

Registered
Registered
so I'm looking into a DRO. watched the DROPRO's vids on how to measure travel in X, Y and Z. you move to the far end of travel, make a mark across table and ways then move to the far end of travel the other way and measure from the mark you made on the ways to the mark you made on the table or head. pretty simple.

X - I got 16 1/2". PM's website and the manual both say 19 1/2" with power feed (which I have) . (22 3/8" w/o power feed).
Y - I got 10 1/2". PM's website says 8", the manual says 7.9".
Z - I got 12 3/4". PM's website says 17", the manual says 13 1/2".

will call them monday but hmmm..

If you post some photos or videos of what and how you are measuring, we might be able to help. The discrepancies you have found suggest a misinterpretation of something, but difficult to know what without photos.

This video series might or might not help. There are four videos in the series. PM sells the same DRO units sold by DROPros at a slightly lower price. I don’t see the DRO’s on the PM web site currently so call them.

Clough42 did a nice job of installing on his PM (932?) definitely worth a watch before you start. (I believe he did a separate video for each axis.) That guys is all about the details..

This video series might or might not help. There are four videos in the series. PM sells the same DRO units sold by DROPros at a slightly lower price. I don’t see the DRO’s on the PM web site currently so call them.
I explained how I measured pretty graphically in the 1st post above. I did exactly as this DROPROS video on all 3 axis'.

I watched the Clough42 vids a while back and will use them when I do my install for sure. along with the DROPRO vids. PM is backordered on all DRO's. hopefully DROPROS is not.

so David here are some photos.

first I moved the table in the X-axis as far left as it would go and made a mark spanning from table to ways.

6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
then I ran the table as far right as it would go and measured the distance between the 2 marks to get the 16 1/2" travel distance. I believe the problem is in the factory placement of the power feed stops but I don't want to move them until I talk to the PM tech tomorrow.

8.jpg
9.jpg

Last edited:
same with the Z axis limit switches. measured the travel the same way and have a 5" discrepancy. could be the placement of the travel limit switches for the powered head positioning.

10.jpg
11.jpg

Back