PM-940V

SlowJoe93

Registered
Registered
Hello I have a PM-940V that ready for wiring. I've read other various wiring threads. This machine has a VFD on it. On the side of the machine it has a 3 wire plug that's labeled L, N,PE looking these up this tells me
L=Hot
N=Neutral
PE=Earth

The basic schematics that came with the machine are pretty much useless. This 12/3 wire cord coming outside the box is telling me 110 volts. Reading the online pdf for the Delta VFD it says power to the L1, L2, and Earth the machine already has two black wires on these inputs and I cant believe that this 12/3 wire has the capability to output enuff power run this 3 phase motor.

I've attached a photo of the back of the machine if it helps. The cord outside of the machine states 500 volts and runs to the on off switch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210605-175408_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210605-175408_Chrome.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 112
It is a bit confusing when looking at the line cord wire colors. This is a 220v machine so the black and white are both hot and the green is ground. Put a 220v plug on the cord and plug it into a 220v outlet and you are set. It runs fine on the supplied cord. The 500 volts is the insulation rating on the cord.

12 gauge rated for 20 amps, manual says 10 full load amps, so 12/3 is plenty big. You should be connecting circuit to a dual pole breaker no larger than 20 amp. L is L1, N is L2, PE to ground.

It is a bit confusing when looking at the line cord wire colors. This is a 220v machine so the black and white are both hot and the green is ground. Put a 220v plug on the cord and plug it into a 220v outlet and you are set. It runs fine on the supplied cord. The 500 volts is the insulation rating on the cord.
So am I correct that no neutral is used?

Neutral is not used, in the most other countries 220V is referenced from neutral, in the US split phase is used so you have neutral/ground reference and two 120V legs. I would use 12 AWG wire, VFD's can pull 150-200% of rated current for up to a minute.

When did you get your 940v? I'm currently awaiting mine and it was a possible mid june arrival to PM but has now been pushed back to late june arrival :(

What are your initial thoughts on the machine?

I got mine in September of 2020. I spent quite awhile converting it to CNC and have not yet really used it. I have just been having some discussions with another 940 owner regarding the accuracy and will be doing some more accurate measurements. I should have done this before I tore it apart. It is typical Chinese quality and I totally replaced all the electronics and put in good ball screws so I can’t say much about the originals. I think it will be fine for my needs but I will post more info when I start using it more.

I got mine in September of 2020. I spent quite awhile converting it to CNC and have not yet really used it. I have just been having some discussions with another 940 owner regarding the accuracy and will be doing some more accurate measurements. I should have done this before I tore it apart. It is typical Chinese quality and I totally replaced all the electronics and put in good ball screws so I can’t say much about the originals. I think it will be fine for my needs but I will post more info when I start using it more.
When did you get your 940v? I'm currently awaiting mine and it was a possible mid june arrival to PM but has now been pushed back to late june arrival :(

What are your initial thoughts on the machine?
I got mine last year also in September.

Does anybody have their original vfd its a delta they would like to sell?

So I had to purchase a new vfd. I contacted precision mathews and they are taking longer to get me the vfd programming from the main company. Would anybody out there care to share then factory settings with the delta vfd with me?

So I had to purchase a new vfd. I contacted precision mathews and they are taking longer to get me the vfd programming from the main company. Would anybody out there care to share then factory settings with the delta vfd with me?
Why did you have to get a new VFD?

Back