PM Bandsaws or other brands

Belt changes are pretty easy, and like Todd I almost never change speeds.

I mostly cut steel so I just leave mine set on a slower speed. When I cut aluminum or brass it is usually just a few small pieces so taking a little longer with a slower than ideal speed isn't a big deal.

Having been spoiled running my brother's Ellis, I found it difficult to accept going back to a non mitering bandsaw. So... I bought the Grizzly 9742 5x6 mitering bandsaw. So far, I love it. It cuts dead straight. I can repeatedly shave 1/64 slivers off of 2 inch box tubing. And it miters 45 one way and 60 the other. Having the 60 on one side has been more helpful that I had expected. It's "head" section is very similar to identical to most of the 4x6 dry saws. The other nice thing about that size saw is blade price and local availability.

A bandsaw is on my "wants" list. In the meantime, I bought a cordless Dewalt 20V bandsaw and have been nothing but pleased. Wishing I would have bought it sooner.....

A bandsaw is on my "wants" list. In the meantime, I bought a cordless Dewalt 20V bandsaw and have been nothing but pleased. Wishing I would have bought it sooner.....
I say the same thing about my bandsaw now. I found a used Enco made in Taiwan a few months ago and now i don't know how i lived without it. Put a decent blade and its one of my most valuable tools now.

Back