PM Research Engine #7

Racer57

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was looking for a new project and saw the number 7 engine on the PM Engineering site. I looked at it and it had 1/2" cylinders. That would allow me to work with my existing tool inventory. Little did I know that I was jumping into the deep end of the pool. There were 25+ tiny parts to make. In most cases times two because there are two motors. It was my first work with a casting and all of the required clean ups needed for a casting. Each of the cylinders have 13 holes and ports.

After may hours (I stopped counting at 20) it is complete and runs great. I chose to leave the connection between the two motors as a soft tube. Once it is replaced by a hard tube the disassembly will be almost impossible. Maybe after I convince myself that there will be no need for repair or update I will take that step.

I have timed it as good as I can. Most of the techniques out in the forums and YouTube don't work on something this small.

I am more of an engine builder that a model maker. That is why some of the details like oilers are missing. They are mostly for show and not needed for the low time that it will be running.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.MOV
    12.6 MB
Nice job- must have cost something to build- brass is almost insanely expensive now
-Mark

What about a hard tube with a union?

Back