PM1228

nighthawkFmobil

Registered
Registered
Hello,

I bought a PM1228 last January and it's been a great machine as far as I can tell. Here's a picture of some 1 15/16" 304 that I've been working with. Just love shiny metal. It's been a lot of fun so far. Cant wait to get a mill. If anyone is selling one in texas lmk. I'm open to just about anything I can fit under a 93" ceiling.

Attachments

• 20210204_180050.jpg
    20210204_180050.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 117
93" is going to limit you on the bigger knee mills, some of those are at least 94". What cutting tool are you using for the SS? My 1228 was a good machine.

I'm running the Mitsubishi ccmt 32.51fm VP15TF for finish. they're expensive but worth it for the extra little shine they can leave. Originally I was using the gold inserts that matt sells and they worked just fine but they dont last as long in 304. I cant wait to try 303.

Aukai. Yeah I want a bigger manual mill with dro but I dont think I'll be able to find something with the rigidity I'm lookin for that will fit in this space. I'll be looking used but if I cant find anything I'll get another pm and eventually convert it.

Do you have mill in your shop?

Thanks for the info on the insert. I have a Grizzly G0755

Necessity is the motherhood of butchery. If you find a nice round picture frame that fits the hole, it can be finish trimmed too. :grin:

That would need a second story roof. :grin:

Lmao its somewhat comforting to know that theres people that obsess about this stuff more than I do. So much so that they're willing to frame out cute holes for the head of their mill. Hahaha

Back