Pm1340gt Lathe Basic Vfd Control Conversion Using The Stock Control Board And Switches

I would follow the directions previously posted, I believe the only difference is that they may have a cover interlock switch and they changed the wiring color. If you have any problems PM me and I can try to help.
Mark
I had noticed a few components missing on the transformer in my pic. I'll go ahead and start the conversion and most likely pm you during the process. Thank you sir
Charlie

I had noticed a few components missing on the transformer in my pic. I'll go ahead and start the conversion and most likely pm you during the process. Thank you sir
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Glad to see you have started the conversion based on the latest PM1340GT models. I just made my order last Friday and plan to do the VFD conversion as well.

Frank

Hi Frank
Eager to get this running but stalled waiting on parts. Should have ordered earlier so I would have everything when lathe arrived. I'm goin with fwd/rev
toggle and pot on front panel. The support on this forum is awesome and very much appreciated
The idler gear on back of headstock has bearing in it ,well while cleaning corrosion inhib. off I noticed it was bad. You could feel the bearing
notching as it turned. might wanna check yours out. i'll be replacing with quality bearing. Stay in touch and let me know how it goes.

Charlie

Newbie here. Looking at ordering a PM-1236T. Can someone tell me if this conversion is the same for this machine? The motor on this unit is 1.5hp instead of the 2.0hp on the 1340.

Yes, it is the same. The only difference is the motor setting are specific to the the 1.5 Hp motor.

OK, thanks for that. One step closer to ordering.

Wanna give mksj a big thank you for your support. Got everything wired up the way I wanted , very pleased with how it turned out.
If you are ever in my area give me a shout and i'll buy you a steak.

Charlie

Wanna give mksj a big thank you for your support. Got everything wired up the way I wanted , very pleased with how it turned out.
If you are ever in my area give me a shout and i'll buy you a steak.

Charlie

I made Mark the same offer. I would be willing to bet he could travel the country and not have to buy a steak for a while.

Thanks guys, I may take you up on the offer one of these days. I gave up eating beef about 45 years ago but I am game for anything else. I hope to be updating this post and adding some more details along with using an alternate Nema 4/12 VFD design that would not need an enclosure. The VFDs do add a lot of flexibility to the machines and 3 phase motors are a lot less problematic then single phase.
Mark

I have a 1340GT on order and gathering parts for the VFD upgrade. Have most of the parts as listed in this thread and mksj's instructions. Still have to get an enclosure. The length of the VFD is making it a large box and not real cost friendly either. What has everyone been using?

Back