PM1440 GT spindle Taper??

Frank

Weird, I am looking at the cut sheet now and "Spindle Taper, Internal" line shows MT 5.5 The date on this cut sheet is March 8, 2017.

Are you perhaps looking at an older version of the cut sheet? If so maybe that would explain why my brain remembered it showing MT5. The cut sheet has been updated with a few things I think.

Hi

I clicked on the link for the PDF down load on the 1440GT page. Could you post a link?

Thanks Jbolt that worked. I see the base price went up, I like the old page better. Lol

I looked at the original specs before the first lathes arrived and it said MT5. I guess I was recalling a conversation with someone that the MT5 would not work with a 2" bore and just assumed it would be MT6.

Interesting that the base price went up. They must be selling well and/or it makes the jump to the preferred package more palatable. I also noticed the preferred package dropped the 4-jaw chuck and replaced the 1/2" drill chuck with a face plate.

Well that makes me feel better, not going crazy after all!

Well maybe a little bit. Mwhaaaaahaaa :)

John

Yeah it sounds like they sell fast they must be really good machines? I was thinking the same thing about the jump from the standard to upgrade. When I ordered mine it was a thousand difference and I didn't want to spend the extra for what was in the package. I was already way over budget, though if there was a 4 jaw I probibly would have. I was looking at the PM RF 45 clones and will go for one soon. I had a RF 45 which I converted to CNC years ago and sold. I will probibly go for the face plate and possibly the carridge stop as I don't have a mill at this time. I will also need to have the block machined for the Dorian QCTP. Does anyone have a pic of the carridge stop?

Last edited:
Back