Pm727m Questions

Sounds like my machine should arrive today. Collets should also be here. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting. As life goes even if it does get here no time to un crated till Sunday night.

Work height should be very close to your elbow height. I build my 727 table at 32". With the leveling feet it was about 33". I plan to go back & add 3" - the current height is great for sitting on a stool, but too low for me to comfortably stand at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am 5'6" and built my stand to be 36" tall. That is including the swivel casters that are approximately 5". I am very pleased with the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on all the replies, had the wife measure while holding my arm at a comfortable cranking position, and also z travel, decided to build my stand 32". When adding the base to table height of the mill I should be at 40". My stand is on casters and the leveling feet should be able to get me a couple more inches if needed. I made the mistake of too high when I built the stand for my Shoptask 3in1, its hard to see the work behind the tool post. I will post pics after the stand is done.

I have a question kind of along these lines- how much floor space does your 727m take up? I am kind of boxed in with my garage (basically 8x14).

Based on the manual which can be found on the QMT site, you need about 55" wide by 26" deep and a little clearance from the wall. that is the amount plus a little upload_2016-8-18_18-2-0.png

Back