PM935 Hitachi WJ200 setup

The Hitachi manual is not for the faint of heart but let us know if you need help with getting your mill running.

Say, bit off this topic, but I need to make up a label like your second pic for my CNC control panel. Do you know how or where to get that?

be glad to help with hitachi programming. got two machines with this VFD.

My PM-935TS just arrived a few days ago!

They didn't have a single phase 220 in stock so I got the 3 phase and the same Hitachi controller.

So far so good. Will earmark this thread for info on the remote control stuff.

Thank you so much for sharing. This is a huge help.

What threw me for a loop was that the 220 to the VFD needed to be connected to the leftmost and rightmost terminals as the manual pointed out. I'm so used to wiring up 120 where you need a reference neutral I got a bit befuddled.

The system will now power up, and it runs like a dream :) There are so many features on the VFD, it's crazy!

One issue that I had that I worked out with PM is that the spindle bearing sleeve was not moving. I thought that I may have not seen a locking screw of some sort. It turns out that the fit with lube etc. is just that tight. What I wound up doing, was to use a dead blow hammer, in conjunction with a piece of brass stock, and literally forcing it down. After quite a few cycles, it loosened up to the point where I can now just push it down by hand if it doesn't just drop. All in all, I guess I'd rather have it this way than to have it too loose. PM was very good about working with me to validate and remediate.

Next step is to get the DRO installed.

Back