porch pirates

And then the bloody thief will sue you for all that you're worth cause it caused them emotional/physical/psychological distress and they got something in their eye to boot.

A couple or three cameras, even dummies should deter these miscreants. Make 'em visible so that they see that there is surveillance.
Oh, and don't forget the sign that states, "This property is under video "
I know of one business around here that had video footage of the perps stealing his stuff, but it was tossed out because he didn't have signs to notify the miscreants of such.

And then there is the old fall back - if local laws allow, of strapping on your sidearm when you're out on your property for a couple of weeks, it's amazing to witness the drop in strangers walking onto your property.
(Disclaimer: Best suited for country environs, doesn't go over well in a high density sub-division...)
Dummy cameras do not work.

Now they are stealing the cameras.

Ring one high on list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

About a month ago network news was doing a sting type story in San Francisco for car theft...someone broke into their truck and cleaned them out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If you hurt somebody, even a crook, by most of the methods suggested, in the U.S., you will be found at fault if someone gets hurt. Beyond that, if an innocent kid or wife, maybe your own, happens to touch it and gets hurt, you will dearly wish you had not tried to be so clever.

As for displaying guns, or posting a warning of guns, that just gives them a better reason to break in -- to steal the guns. It will also put you on the defensive in a court of law. Showing that you have a gun should always be a big surprise, and only brought out in critical situations. Waving a gun around will cause a cop (or a bystander) to arrest you or shoot you.

Real life Rambos end up dead or in prison. Don't join them...

I'm just thinking that a permanent dye would be much worse than glitter. Especially in the car!
Robert

There are lots of different schemes to thwart criminals. None of which work very well. With most shippers these days you can arrange to have things delivered when you will be home or to a neighbor who will be home. Three of my neighbors home school their kids and someone is always home. Or to be held at a will call location for pickup. One of the advantages of having a private mail box is that packages can be delivered there and held for you. Or have them delivered to where you work.
The thing that you have to remember is that while evenly deadly force is allowed to protect you and your loved ones from harm no amount of force is allowed to protect property.

A dog is a very great deterrent to the casual criminal............many criminals are terrified of dogs,even small ones.just the dog barking is enough .The dog stops the thief from casing the joint....a preliminary of many more organized breakins.......A criminal injured by a dog has very little chance of suing for damages if he was on your enclosed property........

Back