POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

GogeKU you will find the tire machine will give you a quick pay back. Hopefully you will find a reasonable priced balance before you need it.

Several years ago I got tired of the local tire shops lack of quality and integrity and bought my own machines. I had several vehicles coming due for new tires. Pretty much covered the purchase price. The rest have been a bonus.

I balance all my tires including trailer tires. Hauling horses several hundred miles and expecting them to be able to compete with numb legs is not something I do. One of the problems I had with the tire stores is they wouldn't balance the trailer tires even after charging for it. I wouldn't even get out of the lot. First thing I would check. Started doing it before I even went in. I have a few trailers.

Needed a taper wedge to get the mt3 taper out of my drill press.
I grabbed a little scrap 1018 out of the scraps bin, a little work on the mill and:

F6F1764E-C860-4619-9107-3A2C8EA67007.jpeg

works great! One, two taps at most and the taper drops right out.

I’ll probably clean it up a little bit, round the edges over a bit more and throw it in the drill press drawer…

Borrowed the router from the father-in-law and a bit...

IMG_6640.jpeg

He has several... PorterCable, Bosch.... but he told me to use the Craftsman since he knows I am not too skilled with it, lol. If I break it, he will not suffer much...

IMG_6641.jpeg

There was a concern that the front was sticking out too much and would be an issue to get to the rear of the top drawer. Luckily, not an issue... only sticks out 3-1/4" and I just checked and I can get to the back, no issues there.

IMG_6637.jpeg

Some sanding, then used the router on the edges... a little bit more sanding... and a coat of stain... Waiting for it to dry to do the final sanding and a coat of clear...

IMG_6638.jpeg
IMG_6639.jpeg

Cleaned up some of tools in the garage to take to the basement this morning . Now , cleaning tooling out of the bedroom for the basement . Separating all these will be interesting as to what I'll keep for the machines . :grin: The women's final game is on ESPN in 3 minutes which I'll watch . We were supposed to go but the rain is pouring down !

Cleaned up some of tools in the garage to take to the basement this morning . Now , cleaning tooling out of the bedroom for the basement . Separating all these will be interesting as to what I'll keep for the machines . :grin: The women's final game is on ESPN in 3 minutes which I'll watch . We were supposed to go but the rain is pouring down !
I built a new sifting box to separate my rock from dirt. I am redoing the edging around the pool, and there's so much dirt in the rock, I don't want all the weeds.. Anyway all that rain you are getting is humidity here. DewPoint is horrible... I've been working outside for a few days, and today, I am kicking back and chilling. Tomorrow the dew point should drop down to the 50s.. it's been 70s and 60s. I can handle the heat, but heat and humidity I melt. Although, once I get going in the humidity I'm good, it's the going inside, and coming back out, when that wall of fire hits you.

Today i manage to unload the tire machine all by myself. I unhitch the trailer, push it in the side bay, turn around little niva hitch the trailer again and drove it to the small garage, i need to place the machine here because it's the only place i have 3 phase power. I back in the trailer which was difficult and had to push it in the rest of the way. Then come the fun part lowering down the 200kg machine without getting hurt and not damaging it. I remove the tail gate push it back to the wall and choked the tires, unbolted the machine from the trailer and slowly moved the tire chocks for the last part i used a pry bar to lower it gently. I plan to clean it up in this space and move it when is ready to use, i'm debating should i paint it or not.
IMG_20220702_190016.jpgIMG_20220702_190111.jpg

TV Roller Shelf Mount for Built In Cabinet - I wanted to mount a larger TV in my built in cabinet and came up with the idea to float my TV in front of the opening. Since the built in is 2 feet deep, I could not find a wall mount that would work, also could not find any kind of stand where the legs did not stick out the front, so I built a shelf on ball bearing drawer slides to mount the TV and still be able to pull it out and access the space in behind.

The design worked as planned and I am happy with how it turned out. I used 2.5" Aluminum angle iron and ½" Baltic Birch for the design. The heavy duty Yenuo drawer slides I picked up on Amazon and are rated for 250lbs.

I had some paying work come through the door. Farmer down the road tore up his bush hog. Ordered a new taper splined sleeve and now removing the old damaged one.
boring.jpg
boring2.jpg

Back