POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

For instance . $7200 left in the last 2 months . You would never know it . If people would ever ask what they were in need of , life would be easy instead of constantly taking pics of everything . I'm on different sites now also and heading to the bay with different stuff . Just like most everyone on here , we make impulse purchases for whatever reason . I buy because there was work which required special tools . And I have them if ever needed in the future , but I'm not planning on it . :grin:
I'm the same way. It just happens. Wake up one day, and there's just way too much crap.

Haven't been doing much other than selling for the last six weeks, but I did knock out these fan mounts for the Fungus.

The new head liner is for a different trim level that has rear AC, but ours didn't even have vents in the back so the kids or dogs back there get hot. Added a couple of fans using the unused rear AC vents to mount them, but they didn't have enough range of motion, so ..

Parts (old brackets in the background)
IMG20230714155811.jpg
Put together
IMG20230714160756.jpgIMG20230714160801.jpg
In the FungusIMG20230714161533.jpg

They're hooked up to the front 12v socket using a multi plug extension and then another extension. They work well though, just the ticket in our balmy 100F+ weather

Funny story - the car got so hot the other day, even with reflective window shades, that the glue on the Velcro tabs holding the dash mat in place melted and dribbled down the dash ..

I have had this tenths indicator for awhile, and the lens has never stayed put. I don't like using glue on this sort of thing, and Starrett didn't use it either. Somehow the plastic has shrunk. I have no idea what type of plastic this was, they've used everything from celluloid to acrylate to polycarbonate and everything in between, I imagine. Not sure how I should handle it, years passed.

I picked it up today and the lens dropped to the floor and rolled under a tool box. That would be the last time, come hell or high water. I plugged in the heat gun and warmed the lens up, knowing it could curl up and shrink on me in seconds. Luckily it just softened, and I put pressure in the center with my thumb to flatten the dish until it cooled. Then it snapped tightly back into the bezel. I guess that ideas for the simple fixes sometimes just take a while to form.

PXL_20230715_191519168.jpg

I played around with my rotary table and modified some T- nuts that I had made a while back. They needed a curved end to get in a little closer to the center of the table. The two on the left turned out better as I repositioned them on the table.

20230714_160636.jpg

I also made a new pointer for the table so at the zero point the slots on the table would be parallel to the slots on the mill table.
20230714_160801.jpg

New handwheel for the arbor press will not be here for a few weeks... but I did a small mod for avoiding the rod to slip out... Drill a hole and tap for 1/4-20" plastic head thumb screw

IMG_2099.jpeg

And because better is the enemy of good... decided to cut a groove on the shaft... Now, you would think that I made a mistake on that second groove... It was a decorative feature that nobody will see, so shut up!

IMG_2100.jpeg

Yesterday was quite a day . Moving the lathe , selling the trailer , and then ...........winning tickets to a concert and the York Pa State Fair off of I 105's old country show last night . Got the Kubota in the garage but not the zero turn , more work to come . Listed the HBSaw on Craigslist just now so hopefully that will go soon for more needed room . Neighbor stopped up the garage last night and started talking about enclosed trailers . Need a trip to Georgia to pick up a 20-24 footer . No taxes he said . He also said he titles all his trailers and gets tags from Oklahoma for less than $4 a year ! Damn , I thought Maine was a good deal . Maybe a trip down to SC and Georgia will be in the works soon .

Back