POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Um, I don't think a 2200 lb Porsche is considered heavy.

And really, grey? Wachuko, that model was available in brandy wine, how did you miss out?
That one weighs 3,400 lbs…

Color? I bought it used… could not be choosy :D ;) …. Anyway, it has been gone for awhile… I did not like the lack of road feel… it was fast, that is for sure.

Are you serious? What a tank! Where does all the weight go? Jeez, no wonder the Porsche guys have their own Porsche only autocross club, If they joined the open league with the working men their porky little secret would get out.

Are you serious? What a tank! Where does all the weight go? Jeez, no wonder the Porsche guys have their own Porsche only autocross club, If they joined the open league with the working men their porky little secret would get out.
Yup... never got a chance to attend an autocross event... I did take the car to Sebring for a Driver's Experience (DE) event. That was fun. The fastest I was on that car at Sebring, was around 158 mph. But the fastest I drove in that car was 197 mph in an undisclosed private track...

100_0210_medium.jpg
100_0101_medium.jpg
100_0162_medium.jpg

How time just goes by... this was 15 years ago!!

197 is impressive. I've only been in the 150s, a 1967 Camaro SS, the speedometer was pegged at 120, so I had to use the tach to calculate the actual speed. My car got very light on the road at that speed, and of course no brakes when I did that, it was before I put discs in from an El Camino front end. Damn brakes faded so fast, even with metalic linings. Discs good, drum.. no good... no stop, no nothing.

Last edited:
This finally arrived…

IMG_2304.jpeg

Now to clean, round the edges, and remove the paint from the top half of the horn and about 1-1/2” all around the border…

I know most folks remove all the paint but I will leave as much as possible to avoid rust. Plan to paint over whatever paint is left, with Rust Oleum hammered green to match the rest of the stuff I have.

Also need to make some angle spacers to bolt it down via the existing holes at the base.

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

Last edited:
Back