POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Same old project. Finished the welding on the beams. I'm certainly not a professional welder, but am pretty happy with the results. Tig tacking things seemed to keep them from pulling anywhere horrible. Nest step will be drilling holes and fabricating brackets.

Rolling them over to work is a bit sketchy. Floor jack is really handy for this. Just keep the toes out of the way incase it goes south!

Attachments

• Almost.jpg
    Almost.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Sketchy.jpg
    Sketchy.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 27
Rolling them over to work is a bit sketchy. Floor jack is really handy for this. Just keep the toes out of the way incase it goes south!
Ouch, that brings back unpleasant memories.
When I was a teenager in Duluth we had a couple large steel beams under a bridge across the creek in the front yard. The supports along the bank eventually washed out in a spring melt. We dragged the beams to the back yard with the small tractor. I was trying to cut up the beams with an acetylene torch, some sort of assembly rather than a single beam. I succeeded but ended up with a beam falling onto my foot. That injury is coming back to haunt me as I get older.

Ouch, that brings back unpleasant memories.
When I was a teenager in Duluth we had a couple large steel beams under a bridge across the creek in the front yard. The supports along the bank eventually washed out in a spring melt. We dragged the beams to the back yard with the small tractor. I was trying to cut up the beams with an acetylene torch, some sort of assembly rather than a single beam. I succeeded but ended up with a beam falling onto my foot. That injury is coming back to haunt me as I get older.
For posts like that, we need a "Commiserate" option instead of a "Like".

Finished up my wife's Christmas present. I make her something every year, but thought I'd try something different this year. Took a bit of experimenting but they came out just as I was hoping. Got pretty good at them by the third one. Merry Christmas everyone!IMG20231222165802.jpgIMG20231223122316.jpgIMG20231223131552.jpgIMG20231223182900.jpgIMG20231224142743.jpgIMG20231224142815.jpg

Back