POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Today's project is to cut some 1/8" acrylic rod into 1/4" long pieces, polish the ends, and glue them into the small holes to act as light pipes for LEDs.
Best thing I can think of is a fine tooth hack saw to cut those rods. Any other good ideas?
View attachment 472236
Look for a model-size miter saw with the highest TPI you can find; something like this, which has 46 TPI:

20231228 Miter Box n Saw.jpeg
Rubbing the cut ends on a piece of very fine Wet or Dry sanding paper with water should get a nice frosted finish. If you want clear ends, @Weldingrod1's suggestion is good, but may take some practice.

Woke up Christmas to Vertigo, not as bad as when I was in my early 20s which turned out to be a virus that damaged the membrane between my inner ear and spinal fluid (there's a duct to tell your brain which plane you are in). This one is debilitating thou... seems something is going around my son had it a month or two ago, and now my wife's friend has it. It's hard to focus my eyes. So no woodworking or machine work... just cleanup and whatever I can do.
So today, I re-organized some of my drawers in my card index , I color coded labels, got rid of existing labels that didn't match the contents any more. I now have a Christmas Tree or Mickey D's play area @Mauzinette card index...
I was going to put all of a type in a column, but wound up realizing if I did that I'm back to the same problem of having to look at all. So by leaving it jumbled, I'll be able to find fasteners (yellow) by location and color, Blue (tools / parts for tools), Red Electrical (never mind all the boxes of Electrical I have on shelves).. but you get the idea.

And if you stayed with my long drawn out BS to this part... here's the pic.
PXL_20231229_201910295.jpg

Woke up Christmas to Vertigo

I've had "random positional vertigo" for the last 5 or 6 years, so I feel that. It's not very fun, and it's tough to do anything about it. Sometimes it'll straight up knock me off my feet, and a week later it's gone for the next three months. Sure earns me some dumb looks from people when I bellyache about it.

Back