POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Years ago after a horse accident I started getting random vertigo. No consistency at all. I can go months or get it several times in a month. Generally hits when I'm in the air, ladder or scissor lift, etc. Ladders are really scary. Sometimes it is severe other times not to bad. One morning I felt and heard it in my ear, made me nauseous for the day. Not fun

I've seen videos of some methods of head movements that supposedly help. I haven't tried yet.
I like your avatar, Lee Marvin Drunk leaning against a building in the movie Cat Ballou?

Bah! horses, dont know who's dumber, the horse or the rider.
Fell off one once and broke L4 and L5 in the early 70's, still bloody hurts to this day.

Couldn't disagree with you more. The horse I had trouble with wasn't mine and the owner withheld important info which would have totally changed how I would have proceeded.

I like animals better than most people. Especially horses. They can be incredibly reliable and predictable.

More horses have rider problems than riders have horse problems.

All but one of these horses I started. The first 2 where both mine. The sorrel in the first and last photo is the same one. You could do anything with them and they never hurt anyone. The middle picture the one on the left i started. The little lady was getting into trick riding and has since done some amazing things with that horse. This picture is days after buying. The buckskin in the background in the first picture I started as well and he ended up being a beginners lesson horse. I've been privileged to have ridden many great horses that many could only dream about. Spent many many days for many years in arenas and on trails enjoying them. I love a good horse.

Attachments

• 0508151829f.jpg
    0508151829f.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Standing on my favorite Bar.jpeg
    Standing on my favorite Bar.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 30
OK, I will own up, it was all my fault.
We were up in the mountains of spain on a midnight bbq.
Lots of vino colapso. and lots more.
Got lost coming down at dawn and entered into a peach plantation.
Standing up stuffing peaches down the shirt when I leaned over too far.
These were stable nags and I didnt do the girth up tight enough, the saddle swung round with me and I landed on a rock.
Had to ride the horse down, dont know how I did it with the pain.
Found out much later that L4 and L5 were fractured.
Couldnt ride anymore.

I found and revived a Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus graphing calculator. It was in a pretty rough condition and there were still batteries inside, some of which had leaked.

IMG_1698.jpeg

I am quite satisfied with the result. Some of the scratches were too deep to get rid of, but other than that, it’s nearly as good as a new one!

Last edited:
The problem with this crane project, is it's the only project I really need a crane for. It's quite the chicken and egg problem.

Bunch of welding done this afternoon. By design it's pulled in just a little in the middle. (It's upside down in this photo). When load is applied to the yet to be built carriage that carries the chan fall, it will tend to spring out some. It's about 1/4" in on the middle compared to the edges, which seems about right.

IMG_20231230_142244232.jpg

Now I gotta flip this over, without disassembling it. Somehow, I think the car lift will be involved.

Last edited:
The problem with this crane project, is it's the only project I really need a crane for. It's quite the chicken and egg problem.

Bunch of welding done this afternoon. By design it's pulled in just a little in the middle. (It's upside down in this photo). When load is applied to the yet to be built carriage that carries the chan fall, it will tend to spring out some. It's about 1/4" in on the middle compared to the edges, which seems about right.

View attachment 472603

Not I gotta flip this over, without disassembling it. Somehow, I think the car lift will be involved.
Looks good from here

Back