POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I am considering doing that. I figured that a through hole (.250") and then a cap screw on each side to hold the shaft in place.
That's basically what I did. Made a slot in the axle and retained the axle with a washer and button head screw. Originally I used a SHCS, and found they limited how close I could get, so changed it to a button head.

Little More Progress. One step had me a bit nervous, but it turned out fine.

Nervous.jpg

This darned CAD stuff actually works! Hopefully the design does too! Lots of fiddling to get this far. One shaft to make (Lower sprocket), and a few bearing (roller) mounts. Then a bit more welding, and this will be mostly done.
More.jpgMoreSense.jpgComingAlongFinally.jpg

Last edited:
I drew these two dust collector adapters for my new miter saw in Solidworks this morning and printed them in ABS.

Attachments

• PXL_20240319_171804221.jpg
    PXL_20240319_171804221.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240319_214013401.jpg
    PXL_20240319_214013401.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20240319_214023049.jpg
    PXL_20240319_214023049.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 28
This one was a long time in coming. The short version - over-engineered bolt storage rack. My brain often won't slow down (and, now that I have a wonderful diagnosis that has temporarily stopped the body but is leaving the mind fully active), it was free to run wild.

I had a lot of old canning jars. These were etched (and marked appropriately) for various sizes of bolts/nuts. The jars were attached to some "pivots" so that I can easily swing a jar out, unscrew it from the mount, and keep everything together.

20240321_123949.jpg

It's just a wee bit over-engineered, but I got to try send-cut-send and their bending service. Fun project, a bit on the expensive-but-I-don't-care side of things, and just good to know the brain actually can finish these kinds of things.

This one was a long time in coming. The short version - over-engineered bolt storage rack. My brain often won't slow down (and, now that I have a wonderful diagnosis that has temporarily stopped the body but is leaving the mind fully active), it was free to run wild.

I had a lot of old canning jars. These were etched (and marked appropriately) for various sizes of bolts/nuts. The jars were attached to some "pivots" so that I can easily swing a jar out, unscrew it from the mount, and keep everything together.

View attachment 483867

It's just a wee bit over-engineered, but I got to try send-cut-send and their bending service. Fun project, a bit on the expensive-but-I-don't-care side of things, and just good to know the brain actually can finish these kinds of things.
Yea, way over the top. but, you had fun. My dad made one out of a 4x4, put a rod on each end, and it spun hanging baby jars (long and short) holding various things. Mason jars are better, for holding a lot of the same stuff.

Back