POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I dun picked me up a stall mat from the local yee-haw store. Cheap, no holes to swallow small parts, springy enough for Trigger's hooves, and while you're there, you can pick up a 12 pack of baby chicks for the air fryer!

View attachment 486860View attachment 486861
I was working on the mower and needed to refresh the threads on a 3/8NC wing nut. There was a bin of taps nearby that I had picked up at a garage sale, but hadn't sorted into my bins that seemed to have the right tap. The first one I picked up said 3/8-16 on it, but it wouldn't fit in the old threads, so I set it down and grabbed another that also said 3/8-16 and it fit, so I ran it through and worked well.

I picked up the first tap and looked at it closer, seeing below the 3/8-16 it said Helicoil. So I put it with my Helicoil sets.
Looks good

I dun picked me up a stall mat from the local yee-haw store. Cheap, no holes to swallow small parts, springy enough for Trigger's hooves, and while you're there, you can pick up a 12 pack of baby chicks for the air fryer!

View attachment 486860View attachment 486861
Do they sometimes have ducklings?

I see that I'm not the only one that uses HF movers' dollies to make things mobile:
20240416 HF Movers Dolly.jpeg

I like the wooden ones because they have four swivel casters so they "go both ways."

Last edited:
I dun picked me up a stall mat from the local yee-haw store.
Were those the 3x4 foot 3/4" mats? The ones that are nearly impossible to pick up and move by yourself?

We put close to a dozen down as a gym floor. Just getting them out of the subaru into the gym was a real pain. We finally settled on flopping them one at a time over a 2x4, with one of us on each end. They are completely miserable to move!

Were those the 3x4 foot 3/4" mats? The ones that are nearly impossible to pick up and move by yourself?

We put close to a dozen down as a gym floor. Just getting them out of the subaru into the gym was a real pain. We finally settled on flopping them one at a time over a 2x4, with one of us on each end. They are completely miserable to move!
approx how much does each weigh?

Yeah, they are a little larger than 4x8 and a good 1" thick. They weigh about 100 lbs but feel like that and half again. It was interesting moving it myself in my Honda Fit. I can't recall what I paid, but it was a good value. The chips don't embed and sweep or vacuum off just fine, I'm really happy with it.

Edit: it was $70.

WAAAYYY TOO MUCH!

There's just something about moving them. They're dead heavy, but flop around. They're rubber, so don't slide. You can't grip them, you can't pick them up, you can't do anything with them. Unless you've actually moved one, you won't know how difficult they can be to move. Flopping them on a 2x4 was the only thing I could come up with!

I'm pretty sure it's depleted chineseium. At least they smell like it.
yea, I hate that smell. I bought some tires (8") and a big South Bend rod (20 feet) it had a plug in the bottom and 30 years later they still stink.

Back