POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

no, but she likes to go over at 5 oclock .. and doesn't want me to ruin that. the two of them sit and discuss the things women talk about.. what that is, I have no clue. :surrender: My wife always takes the other side whenever it involves me :(. I'm always wrong in her view , no matter what it is.
Even though it's not fair and stinks, you're probably taking the best approach. In my youth I'd have probably taken some ice cubes with thistle seeds in them and tossed them into the neighbor's flower beds at night. Or, chuck some lengths of wire in his lawn; something to wrap around the mower. It's hard to figure people out, because some of them are just clueless. But if moving some grass clippings keeps your wife happy, you're probably taking the right approach.

Even though it's not fair and stinks, you're probably taking the best approach. In my youth I'd have probably taken some ice cubes with thistle seeds in them and tossed them into the neighbor's flower beds at night. Or, chuck some lengths of wire in his lawn; something to wrap around the mower. It's hard to figure people out, because some of them are just clueless. But if moving some grass clippings keeps your wife happy, you're probably taking the right approach.
My wife would be warning them, I am slow to heat up but when I come to a boil she has discovered its far easier to get out of the way before I come unwound.

thistle seeds? I wish it were just some clippings, it was about 3 inches thick and 4-8 or so feet wide.. He uses the mower to clean up his clumping and keeps moving it over until it's off his grass. similar to the leaf episode this past fall. It kills my grass because it can't get sun, and snuffs it out. Also I am going to be playing volleyball at the edge off all that grass in 2 weeks. A few years ago his wife asked me to no longer play volleyball in my back yard because it disturbed their privacy. They have parties often, the kids have parties there often (even though they don't live there anymore). They borrow my volleyball courts to play at the parties, but I bother them with my playing on Tuesday nights.

Went ahead with the piston pump restoration. Turns out there was a brass liner in the cylinder that was fine. Used JB weld to build up the missing cast around the liner and the hole through the one wall.
Sand blasted the castings, then powder coat. Love powder coat, the powder though it has a best before date seams to last for years, no hardener that goes off as soon as you open the can, virtually no cleanup, blow the powder off the gun and its cured when its cooled.
Have a rebuild kit on order from of all places the local Castle lumber yard?
Have it pumping next week when the kit arrives.

IMG_2024-05-23_15-23-24.jpeg

IMG_2024-05-23_15-23-33.jpeg

Greg

@f350ca
WOW! A few days ago that thing looked like scrap. Now it looks like a museum piece.
You're an inspiration.
Thanks, not a lot of effort, tried cleaning it up in my small blast cabinet, would strip the paint but left a lot of scale. Off to my buddies shop, fired up the diesel compressor and 5 minutes latter it was bare cast.
The bearings and crank were still in great shape so no work there.
It's old, the motor runs virtually silent with bushings and oil cups, but old enough there was no ground terminal. Knob and tube wiring vintage? Had to drill the case to get a ground. lol

Greg

Last night I was working on the workshop. Insulation on the sides is done. Only sections left to finish are the small spaces on top of the garage door opening.

WS-88.jpeg

Also moving things around to temporarily accommodate what is on the floor, on the racks.

WS-94.jpeg

Returned the left over insulation. That was a good US$810.00 back!

WS-83.jpeg
Helped clear some space as well...
WS-84.jpeg

With moving stuff around and re-stacking things on the racks, I should be able to free enough space on the right side to move the cars from the garage to the workshop... While leaving (I hope) the left side of the workshop clear... We will see... I need the space to empty the PODS container so they can remove it from my driveway.

Some more photos just for fun...

WS-93.jpeg

Interesting, I thought both air compressors were the same. Turns out one has a 7hp motor (mine) and the other one a 3.5 horsepower motor (my late friend's). I will move those to each of the front corners when I am done with the few pieces of insulation that I need to install.

WS-92.jpeg

WS-89.jpeg
WS-91.jpeg
I know this is the least optimal way to do things... but it is what it is... I will get it done...

Last night I was working on the workshop. Insulation on the sides is done. Only sections left to finish are the small spaces on top of the garage door opening.

View attachment 491141

Also moving things around to temporarily accommodate what is on the floor, on the racks.

View attachment 491142

Returned the left over insulation. That was a good US$810.00 back!

View attachment 491139
Helped clear some space as well...
View attachment 491140

With moving stuff around and re-stacking things on the racks, I should be able to free enough space on the right side to move the cars from the garage to the workshop... While leaving (I hope) the left side of the workshop clear... We will see... I need the space to empty the PODS container so they can remove it from my driveway.

Some more photos just for fun...

View attachment 491143

Interesting, I thought both air compressors were the same. Turns out one has a 7hp motor (mine) and the other one a 3.5 horsepower motor (my late friend's). I will move those to each of the front corners when I am done with the few pieces of insulation that I need to install.

View attachment 491145

View attachment 491150
View attachment 491148
I know this is the least optimal way to do things... but it is what it is... I will get it done...
Looks the same as my last time looking.

Back