Precision Matthews Quality

Now that looks pretty darn nice! Basically, a PM45 with power Z.
that also has power feed on the x axis and stand included for $2345 including shipping thats a deal
I love my wholesale tools zx45
steve

The PM-45 that Matt will be getting has a DRO for the quill included. Here's a picture.

PM-45M Quill Depth Stop.JPG

The PM has the coolant system which the grizzly says is Coolant ready.

That Grizzly one does look nice. I wonder why it has a power Z and a Z handle?

PM-45M Quill Depth Stop.JPG

When I am able to get around to getting a full size lathe, this is the one that I want.

http://machinetoolonline.com/PM1340T.html

Quality should be a touch above the others that Matt sells. Not saying that there are not any good machines that are smaller, that Matt sells. But this one is a Taiwan made machine and if you have read the many comparisons between Chinese and Taiwan made machines, the later beats em in quality.

That particular machine is very high-end in it's class. Matt and I have discussed that machine a good bit and he keeps enticing me with it -kind of an ongoing joke... In this day and age, it's about as close to a real toolroom lathe as you're going to get -unless of course, you jump several-fold in cash output. I came darn close to buying that lathe myself but felt my needs were more than adequately served by the 1236. -And they are! I have no significant nits about the 1236 and suspect the victor and beileigh versions are no different (other than higher price).

The bases that come with these machines are decent but one day, I'd like to make something out of 1/2" angle iron and concrete pedestals. I have no problems with performance due to the bench but you do have to watch more for chuck balance and workpieces that throw the balance. If you've ever worked on a SOLID machine, this is less of a concern and... well, it just feels better for some reason... The lathe I learned on was a 16x54 LeBlond with integral pedestal and I'm guessing it was in the 1 ton range. -Sweet!

When I am able to get around to getting a full size lathe, this is the one that I want.

http://machinetoolonline.com/PM1340T.html

Quality should be a touch above the others that Matt sells. Not saying that there are not any good machines that are smaller, that Matt sells. But this one is a Taiwan made machine and if you have read the many comparisons between Chinese and Taiwan made machines, the later beats em in quality.

that also has power feed on the x axis and stand included for $2345 including shipping thats a deal
I love my wholesale tools zx45
steve

Very nice machine for someone who wants to work manually with power feeds.
However, for a CNC conversion the WT ZX45 makes more sense.

M

Now that looks pretty darn nice! Basically, a PM45 with power Z.

Agreed. Judging by the picture posted above of the new PM45s, based on that control panel it looks like it may have power Z as well, unless that's a sneak peek of the CNC version.

Back