Printed up a mill table parts tray/organizer thing.

Ken226

Registered
Registered
Unfortunately, my print bed is only 8.5"x5", so I couldn't make it fit my Motutoyo 6" caliper. So I sketched the bottom to fit my Igaging 4" digital.

I made 2, mirrored versions. One on each end of the table. The one on the right side is more open inside, for collets, end mills, drills, etc.

I started the printer last night, when I went to bed. It was ready and waiting this morning.

Last edited:
I like it. You will need a chip cover. I have the tray made by Edge Technologies and it would fill up with chips all the time. Finally got tired of it and put a clear lexan cover over it with a set of hinges to flip open.

Nice job. Just out of curiosity, can you get the caliper out of its pocket pretty easy? My fat fingers, especially with oil and schmootz have a hard time with some things.

nah, let the chips fall where they may :D

nice. I like the rod holders (scallops in the side) .. but what kind of rods will they hold?

Those are just in case I need to set something too long to fit inside, like a long drill or screwdriver. To keep the overhanging end from rolling down.

Nice job. Just out of curiosity, can you get the caliper out of its pocket pretty easy? My fat fingers, especially with oil and schmootz have a hard time with some things.

Yes. There's about 3/4" of space at the tail of the caliper, easy to get a fingertip under. Also, the space above/right of the plastic caliper body allows easy access to lift it out.

I'll upload the .stl and .ipt files to thingiverse later today, in case anyone wants to print one, or modify the design to their own specs.

The right side version is already up, but isn't designed to fit a caliper. Just drills, end mills, collets, etc. I'll sketch up some lids to fit them later.

Last edited:
Back