Problem With PM1340GT Compound Base Lock.

We came up with a fix for this a while back, if anyone has this problem please contact us directly if you are the original owner of the machine, we had that hole moved to a different spot and larger T nuts made.

We came up with a fix for this a while back, if anyone has this problem please contact us directly if you are the original owner of the machine, we had that hole moved to a different spot and larger T nuts made.
Doesnt everyone who purchased a lathe, 1340GT & 1440GT, with this particular cross slide design have the problem?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Doesnt everyone who purchased a lathe, 1340GT & 1440GT, with this particular cross slide design have the problem?

Jay: I checked -- after reading your earlier post -- and I do have the problem on my 1440GT. Bill

Jay: I checked -- after reading your earlier post -- and I do have the problem on my 1440GT. Bill
This was a major reason why I went to a solid riser under the tool post.

I agree that everyone with a 1340/1440GT has the problem and glad that it was recognized and fixed. The next question becomes, when did "awhile back" happen? My 1340GT is a little over a year old. Will check next time I'm out to the shop. House taken out by tornado, shop spared, rental until we rebuild is half hour away (and I used to complain when my tools were in the other shop...across the driveway). I guess the only saving grace is that tool pressure is down on the front of the cross slide, so chatter notwithstanding, the forward t-nut is not having to do as much work as the back one.

The Grizzly G4002 is similar. I made a minimally larger t bolt, which solved the problem so far.

The Grizzly G4002 is similar. I made a minimally larger t bolt, which solved the problem so far.

That will work. Or in my case, I just don't swing my compound to that angle. Simple enough. ;)

Back