QCTP repeatability

martik777

Active User
Registered
Are the generic AXA tool holders repeatable among different brands?

Yes, both interchangeable and repeatable within .001" (for the same holder) They all look like they come out of the same factory

I have several diffewrent brands of AXA tool holders and they all work. Some are a bit looser so the handle has to rotate farther to tighten the holder. Repeatable yes if you mean if I remove and replace the same toolholder does it set to the same height.
I don't think repeatability matters from one holder to the next unless you have identical tools in them.

I think the design is intended to be repeatable. If a particular piece didn't seem to repeat, I'd be looking for a manufacturing defect that was causing the problem. Buy from a seller that will stand behind the product.

I have several diffewrent brands of AXA tool holders and they all work. Some are a bit looser so the handle has to rotate farther to tighten the holder. Repeatable yes if you mean if I remove and replace the same toolholder does it set to the same height.
I don't think repeatability matters from one holder to the next unless you have identical tools in them.
Lets say I am turning down multiple parts to .250". When I switch to a cutoff tool and cutoff then replace it with a turning tool, will it cut exactly .250" at the same dial position? I've been using my DIY Norman patent style for years and wondering if these will make life easier.

Lets say I am turning down multiple parts to .250". When I switch to a cutoff tool and cutoff then replace it with a turning tool, will it cut exactly .250" at the same dial position?
I have done exactly that and have found my import AXA post and holder are repeatable to .002

Yes, both interchangeable and repeatable within .001" (for the same holder) They all look like they come out of the same factory
There is to much going on to get .001 accuracy but .002 or .003 is achievable many times.

Well scrap that idea .002" is way too much for many parts I make :)

If you are looking for a tight tolerance go to an Aloris or Dorian. Quality and accuracy is expensive. Remember the old saying from the hot Rod days. Speed costs. How fast do you want to go?

Back