QCTP with both holders installed, possible?

Unless both dovetails and tool holders involved have the same fit precision, one holder (the tighter one) will stop the wedges when locked down, the other will not be equally locked because the mechanism for each wedge is bound to each others movement. FIMS has a balancing mechanism that allows three tool holders to be mounted at once for convenience, but I don't think it would work with your typical Aloris/Dorian/Chinesium wedge post.

This is my concern as well. Even when used individually, I can clearly feel a difference in how a tool holder locks in one tool post position versus the same holder locked in the other position. I thought maybe a shim of sorts could even things out but, since I can't actually try it, it's conjecture.

2 tools in the same holder possible ?

2 tools in the same holder possible ?
I thought about that.

I can't see a way to do it with off-the-shelf tools. Maybe two similar boring bars, one RH, one LH, side-by-side with a shim to dial in the wall thickness, my head hurts thinking about that, lol.

Lets see a pic of what you're doing ! :) Casings maybe ?

if those dimensions are off of the diameter, then you're into lapping/ burnishing territory. Taking 0.00025" depth of cut and getting the OD bang on size is something I would suggest would be beyond almost all of us.

Sounds almost like your processing rifle brass. If so, there is a machine designed to do that

Do a search for IDOD neck turning tool. It does exactly what you are describing.
Joe

Back