Question for 1340GT owner w/PM Steel Stand

Jake P

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've been trying to find out what the threaded stud length is of the included leveling feet that come with the "heavy welded steel stand" that can be ordered with the 1340GT from Precision Mathews.

I've called PM and they were supposed to call me back with the dimension, but they didn't.

I have made a riser/base for my lathe, but I would like to know if the feet that are included are going to be able to reach through my material. If not then I would like to know now so I can order new feet and not have to order and wait after the lathe arrives and I've got borrowed lifting equipment sitting idle.

I've attached a drawing that I took from online of a random example. It's the dimension that is labeled as 2" in this drawing that I need the actual dimension of.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 7.19.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 7.19.21 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 105
Mine came with hockey pucks, and bolts. I have the heavy duty welded stand. I guess you can put what ever length bolt up to a point.

Aukai,

Thanks for that info. Interesting.

As you say, I guess you can use what you like with that setup.

Those look to be about 3" diameter?

How long were the bolts that they sent with those pucks?

I found his photo in a thread by Titanium Knurler, and now things make more sense as to what is provided and how it works. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 10.47.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 10.47.03 PM.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 116
That seems to be a standard mounting system Jake. Even my Eisen 1440E has the same cast iron pucks and bolts.

I found his photo in a thread by Titanium Knurler, and now things make more sense as to what is provided and how it works. :)
I don't know if it makes a difference but I milled flat and parallel the top and bottom of the orange pucks. They are coarse casted and definitely not flat .

I don't know if it makes a difference but I milled flat and parallel the top and bottom of the orange pucks. They are coarse casted and definitely not flat .
It would seem to me that parallel would be inconsequential as they are by design to adapt to differences in the plane between the machine and the mounting surface (floor). Coarse may be an issue I guess depending on what you are going to place them on top of, but in my case it's a wood floor.

I would think if you smoothed out the dimple it would help the bolt find it's level better.

I would think if you smoothed out the dimple it would help the bolt find it's level better.
I would think if you smoothed out the dimple it would help the lathe walk off the puck. Seems to me that the dimple is there to contain the bolt. But I don't even have anything in hand yet, so I could be completely wrong.

Back