Question for 1340GT owner w/PM Steel Stand

If you round the end of the 5/8s to the shape of the dimple it will be fine. the OEMs are out of the box square.

If you round the end of the 5/8s to the shape of the dimple it will be fine. the OEMs are out of the box square.
Thanks! Much appreciate your time and input. Off to the hardware store I go!

Edit: Local hardware only goes to 1/2 in the bolt I needed, so it's off to McMaster-Carr I go :)

Last edited:
I have another question, but no hurry. I am wondering what the diameter of the un-threaded hole is that is next to the threaded hole?

.755 is what I'm showing

Keep the dimple, just smooth it's sides is what I meant.
I would think if you smoothed out the dimple it would help the bolt find it's level better.
I didn't say I removed the dimple, I actually cleaned and recessed that area also to contain the bolt properly(an actual recess,not an uneven rough casting). If the area isn't smooth then every time you make a turn with the bolt the movement is uneven and inaccurate. I also made sure the bottom of the bolt was flat. That way when you adjust the bolt isn't jumping from high spots to low spots. Also your floor should be reasonably smooth.

For example: if you place a leg on a crack in the floor, when you turn- it won't move a predictable amount.

Back