Quick change lever

Dave, I just looked at the 10-1506 again and I knew the slotted portion was a little bent (compressed together) so I took a moment to gently pry the sides apart and the gears do fit! Not sure why I didn't do that before. I think it just looked narrower even if I spread the sides apart so I never did. Now I feel dumb! I guess I will use it if my repair of my broken 10-1586 does not work out. Thanks for prompting me to look at it again.

OK. Then it must be that the parts and part numbers got revised from 10-1506 to 10-1586 in the early 1950's Atlas 6800 QCGB, Craftsman 101.20140 QCGB and Craftsman 101.27430 and 101.27440 12" lathes parts lists but the drawings didn't and at least on the Craftsman items, the photos didn't. And it now makes sense why the part numbers of the four gears in the two arms and their associated parts didn't change. And it should follow that the Gearbox Housings in the 6800 and 101.20140 are cast iron.

Last edited:
Just another side of the coin why not find someone who cast than make a new one

Welcome,
That break seems to be pretty common on many different models.
You will see plenty that have been brazed back to life, in my experience.

These really aren't that hard to make. They have simple geometry with the main arcs centered on the large mounting hole.I made this one with just a mini mill and a belt sander. Works perfectly.
Very nicely done!

These really aren't that hard to make. They have simple geometry with the main arcs centered on the large mounting hole.I made this one with just a mini mill and a belt sander. Works perfectly. View attachment 310253
Hello Harnold, I know this post is 2 years old, but are you willing to make 2 ?

Last edited:
Hello Harnold, I know this post is 2 years old, but are you willing to make 2 ?
A point of protocol. On an old post, it is very unlikely someone other than the OP will see your question/request. You will have better luck clicking on their avatar and sending a private message. Another way to get their attention is to type @their_user_name. e.g. @Vbranco1.

It looks like @Wierd Harold 's last post was in 2020 so he may not be active any more.

A point of protocol. On an old post, it is very unlikely someone other than the OP will see your question/request. You will have better luck clicking on their avatar and sending a private message. Another way to get their attention is to type @their_user_name. e.g. @Vbranco1.

It looks like @Wierd Harold 's last post was in 2020 so he may not be active any more.
Thank you I'll try that. :)

Back