Quickjacks: Easy to Move and Store?

Chips O'Toole

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Has anyone here tried Quickjacks? I would love to be able to lift vehicles and maybe my garden tractor in my shop, but I am concerned that Quickjacks might not be as easy to move and store as the company says they are. I don't need another thing on the floor in the way.

I have a Dodge Ram with an 8.5-foot bed and a quad cab, so I would go for the big jacks for big vehicles.

That lift looks interesting.
I would be careful with your truck.
I have a Chevy 1500, extended cab, with 8' box. The scale at the quarry says I am at 6950 lbs at weigh in before I load the gravel. THat is dangerously close to the 7000 max weight limit for that lift. I do not like crawling under something supported that close to its limits.

Has anyone here tried Quickjacks? I would love to be able to lift vehicles and maybe my garden tractor in my shop, but I am concerned that Quickjacks might not be as easy to move and store as the company says they are. I don't need another thing on the floor in the way.

I have a Dodge Ram with an 8.5-foot bed and a quad cab, so I would go for the big jacks for big vehicles.
I'm wondering why you didn't provide a link to the specific product you're asking about?

I have a set. They work well for my Cobra. They are a great alternative if you don’t have the space for a lift. It is pretty tight under the car as it’s only about 24” up, but it beats jack stands.

https://www.quickjack.com/
According to the website they have 24" lift. While good for tire changes, brake jobs and such, oil changes might require me to undergo a serious weight loss program. They sell a "Wall hanger" kit for off-the-floor storage.
They also offer a kit(?) to convert to a motorcycle lift. If you already have the car lift. From the looks of that in their video it beats the Horror Fraught lift a lot of my buddies have.

I have a set of the 5000 series I use on my Honda Ridgeline, Porsche Boxster and Toyota RV-4 Hybrid. I have had them four years. I also use their extenders for the pickup. Super easy to setup and use and have had no problems with them. I stand them on their ends against the wall with a restraining rope when storing. They take very little floor space this way. Highly recommend them. Mine were from their reconditioned offerings. Check the website for details...it offers substantial savings.

Attachments

• CC5D4748-6054-4033-A403-A26718FBB7E3.heic
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I'm wondering why you didn't provide a link to the specific product you're asking about?
Because I was asking people who already have them and don't need to be shown what they are.

Because I was asking people who already have them and don't need to be shown what they are.
Yes, I have seen that sort of attitude in some of your previous posts.
Providing a link would make your question unambiguous as to the exact equipment in question.
It would also allows other readers to follow along if they like.
I think of that as contributing to the community.

That lift looks interesting.
I would be careful with your truck.
I have a Chevy 1500, extended cab, with 8' box. The scale at the quarry says I am at 6950 lbs at weigh in before I load the gravel. THat is dangerously close to the 7000 max weight limit for that lift. I do not like crawling under something supported that close to its limits.

My truck supposedly weighs 6300 from the factory, but I have no idea whether than includes fluids and whatever else they might overlook.

Maybe I should forget about putting the truck on these things. It's so high off the ground, it's not like working under it is difficult.

I heard squealing from a front brake on my SUV, and it got me thinking about this. Took off the wheel, found more than half the material on the pads remaining, put the wheel back on, and heard no more squealing. I can't complain. Better than finding I had to put new pads on.

Back