Quickjacks: Easy to Move and Store?

Yes, I have seen that sort of attitude in some of your previous posts.
Providing a link would make your question unambiguous as to the exact equipment in question.
+1 on a picture(or link). There is a "standard" on this site that if there is no picture, it didn't happen. I'm not so caustic as above, but it is a point.

In the first place, consider if the upper frame will fit the length of the Dodge and still balance it. My wife had an earlier model extended cab that burned from the "improved" gasoline that the system was peddling. The frame had(has?) a "splice" in the middle that allows adapting to the various cab/bed lengths. It appears to be well thought out, but on a 1500 or even a 2500 model, the length between front and rear axles will determine capacity. The truck may be "rated" to carry a given gross but that's an engineer's dream, not the real world. If you need to carry a real load, the minimum (my perspective) is a "one ton", preferably a dualie. I had a Chev DuraMax that was called a 2500, a 3/4 ton, but was rated at 9900 pounds. For towing an 8K trailer 95% of the time. Basicaly a single wheel one ton.

I would not even consider putting that Chev on such a contraption. It looks a little flimsy even for Wife's 1500 long frame Dodge. That's just my opinion, I would be willing to use jack stands under each side of the axle long before some gizmo. But maybe I'm just "old school" in my thinking.

Things like that don't happen on the friendly machinist forum.

Today the price of the product I was looking at went from $1830 to $2100. Everything is getting smaller and more expensive.

I have the new extended height ones, 7000lbs. So far they are good, but they are a little heavy to be lifting and store on the wall, even though they included their wall brackets, I don't have the strength to lift 90lbs.

Things like that don't happen on the friendly machinist forum.

Today the price of the product I was looking at went from $1830 to $2100. Everything is getting smaller and more expensive.
A polite way of saying "almost" flaming. And me not so. . .

Back