Quotes for competing against cnc

Brento

Registered
Registered
So i am quoting for a job today of 2 parts at 25 pces each. I got it quoted down but damn is metal fricken expensive now. The customer is looking at 1000$ just in materials alone with shipping included to me. I didnt think to check shipping when i told him about the quote so i sent him 3 sources for material. I am hoping i get the job since i believe i am on the lower end compared to others.

Good luck Brent , if you can , send me a print or sketch of what you're making . :encourage:

Simple parts. The customer said he would do Aluminum instead of stainless

Attachments

• 9754BCF3-D301-47BD-9762-6BC5737B0D65.png
    9754BCF3-D301-47BD-9762-6BC5737B0D65.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 82
Hard to see the prints , but they look like stand offs for a cnc fixture table Brent . This will allow the guy to get his parts off the subplate and use some good tooling . :encourage:

They will be pretty damn easy. But its in the customers hands now. Ill message him tmr to see what he decided.

I have a feeling im going to lose the quote do to material price. I mean im only charging him 25$ a part practically with it being a mini production job but the cost of material per part is going to hit him good. I havent even discussed pay with him bc i cant afford that big of a cost on a job up front.

Have him supply the material . He most likely can get it cheaper than you in the first place . Another reason , if he ends up being a $#!&$ash , you won't eat the cost . Sometimes it happens . :)

Yeah metal prices are nuts. I have had customers get sticker shock when you tell them the cost of just the material.

Yeah metal prices are nuts. I have had customers get sticker shock when you tell them the cost of just the material.
Always been that way . I always give them the option to source the material themselves . They order it , they pay for it , they deliver it to me . I charge you for my time only . Lets see what THEIR time is worth . :grin:

Yea i can bring that up to him tmr. He is willing to change the design of the parts. I told him i picked up a 1 1/4-12 tap yesterday for 20. Hell of a lot cheaper then 200$

Back