Raw Rifle Barrel Blanks

JPigg55

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone know of any good sources for raw barrel blanks ???

Barrels: Frequently Asked Questions
Factory vs. Custom Borescope Video–you will be amazed!
The Making of a Rifled Barrel, by Border Barrels (must-read)
Bore Brushing–The Great Debate, Expert Symposium
What Makes a Barrel Accurate, by Dan Lilja
Barrel Break-In & Cleaning, from Krieger Barrels
Excel Formula Predicts Barrel life, AccurateShooter.com

Barrel_Image.jpg
Custom Barrel-Makers

Bartlein Barrels

Precision single-point, cut-rifled barrels, from .20 to .338 caliber, plus .50 Cal, starting at $245. Wide variety of contours, very exact twist rates.

Benchmark Barrels

Benchmark built its reputation with record-setting rimfire barrels, and now they are producing excellent centerfire barrels as well. Contact Ron Sinema or Barry Graber at (360) 652-2594 or email info[at]benchmark-barrels.com. Location: Benchmark Barrels, 1105 Pioneer Highway East, Arlington, WA 98223.
Border Barrels

Traditional Obermeyer-style “5R” cut-rifled barrels made in Scotland. Long barrel life, high quality. Distributed by O.K. Weber in the USA.
Brux Barrels

Brux produces very high-quality cut-rifled barrels. Recent records have been set with Brux 6mm and 6.5mm barrels, and the 7mms have performed well in F-Class applications. Brux is located in Lodi, Wisconsin. Call (608) 592-3324.
Broughton Barrels

Conventional and canted land (5C) pull-buttoned barrels. Stress-relieved and meticulously hand-lapped, Broughton barrels clean easily and the 5C offers enhanced velocities. Broughton Canted Land Barrels.
Hart Barrels

High grade push-button, hand-lapped barrels. Long, effective barrel life. Along with Shilen, Hart barrels have dominated 100/200yd BR for decades. Great choice for 6mm BR varmint guns too.
Krieger Barrels

Cut-rifled barrels with very long barrel life. Top smiths say Krieger barrels are almost always straight and true. Fewer duds than some other brands. Hard to go wrong with a Krieger.

Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels

Hand-lapped button rifled barrels. Lilja’s 3-groove 6BR barrels are very accurate and clean fast. Lilja’s rim fire barrels are among the very best.

Pac-Nor Barreling

Barrel-maker and chamberer. Conventional barrels plus pre-fit, three-groove, and polygonal rifling.
Schneider Rifle Barrels

1403 Red Baron
Payson, AZ 85541
Phone: (928) 474-2852
Hand-lapped, pull-buttoned barrels with superb accuracy. Conventional and 5-land Polygon (P5) rifling options. Good prices ($254/blank).
Shilen Barrels

Big-name Texas barrel-maker still produces the lion’s share of winning short-range BR barrels. They now offer ratchet (canted land) as well as conventional push-button rifling in 3, 4, 5 and 6 grooves.

Spencer Rifle Barrels

Accurate, button-rifled barrels available completely chambered in a wide variety of calibers. Tight control of tolerances. Considerable success in big-bore 1000yd guns and accuracy-guaranteed Varmint guns. Good value and excellent customer service.
Lothar Walther Precision Tools

, (770) 889-9998
Buttoned barrels from proprietary super high-grade German steel. Polygonal rifling available in .223 and .30 calibers. Good value on prechambered and threaded barrels. Finished barrels for the M 98, Savage and CZ rifles. 54 standard contours and 1500 other contours are available.
Barrel Surface Treatments
MMI TruTec offers the patented QPC Salt-Bath Nitriding process for barrels and bolts bodies. This provides a thin (10-20 micron) layer of surface hardening. This produces a very slick, very hard surface that provides reduced friction in the bore. Early tests show Melonite barrel treatment can reduce throat wear and increase useful barrel life.

Barrel_Image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am real partial to Green Mountain barrels but theyre currently out of stock on nearly everything ..I have one of their barrels ordered through Midway and its been on back order for two plus months and I don't expect to ever get it. Last week I bought a 40 caliber barrel blank ( for a Sharps .40-65 BPCR build) from Borchardt rifle company who is now selling exclusively through Gunbroker..Looks like a good barrel and it was cheap AND IN STOCK at $130.00 plus $20.00 shipping. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=376134067 I am torn thinking I should quick order another one before he hikes the price but got to get this first one shooting to judge for myself the quality of the barrel.

I can vouch for Broughton Barrels. Top notch. I won two smallbore state championships with one of them. The other two I won were with an almost shot out stock Winchester 52E barrel. Beautiful lands and grooves. Couple of wet patches , then a couple of dry patches and it was clean as a whistle.

This target was shot with a 6mm, 8 twist, heavy varmint Brux. The match was 1000 yard BR, 10 shots for record.

IMAG1310.jpg IMAG1309.jpg

Back