Raw Rifle Barrel Blanks

This target was shot with a 6mm, 8 twist, heavy varmint Brux. The match was 1000 yard BR, 10 shots for record.

Don't think my old eyes could see that far anymore (LOL).
I'm looking more for a source of cheaper barrel blanks to play around with for an airgun idea I have. The old pocketbook wouldn't stand chewing up a bunch of high $$$ barrels for a prototype.
BTW, anybody have or know of a good source of info about selecting twist rate ???

I have been waiting for 7 months for a Green Mountain octagon barrel for a build. I don't think its ever going to happen. I did find a NOS octagon barrel on gunbroker for a good price. Barrel blanks used to be cheap but really took a climb. He is a place close to me and i am going to drive over and have a look around at the new showroom http://www.ershawbarrels.com/
...Bob

at any given time, Bruno shooters supply has anywhere from 400 - 600 Kreiger match grade barrels in stock.

Earl

I have been waiting for 7 months for a Green Mountain octagon barrel for a build. I don't think its ever going to happen. I did find a NOS octagon barrel on gunbroker for a good price. Barrel blanks used to be cheap but really took a climb. He is a place close to me and i am going to drive over and have a look around at the new showroom http://www.ershawbarrels.com/
...Bob

Bob,
You better let me know when you are going to Shaw barrel, since I live 1 1/2 miles from their new shop and a couple of more miles to the old shop. I also know the managers down there, one was my gunsmith at his house until he got too busy down there. The machine shop down there does fine work from what I have seen and they got new machines not long ago. Maybe we can get a tour of the shop if I ask nicely. Let me know when you are going and we can get together.
Paul

at any given time, Bruno shooters supply has anywhere from 400 - 600 Kreiger match grade barrels in stock.

Earl

I started turning a green mountain 9mm raw blank last night for a thompson clone im building. Cant remember the price as got it a while back but it wasnt much 40 bucks or so I think.

Back