Re-purposing Bench Grinder

I remember seeing a great wheeled grinder pedastal here....it had a top location for the grinder in use and angled storage below for several other grinders. I have tried to find it again but came up empty. Anyone know where that was?
Thanks!
-brino

brino -- check out POTD November 18, 2014. Posted by "road"
I think it's the one you're referring to.

-frank

I've used scotchbrite wheels in the past, they are fantastic, I highly recommend one.

I keep a pedestal grinder set up with a 3m (scotch brite) wheel on one end and a wire wheel on the other. Once you've experienced deburring with the 3M you won't want to file edges ever again.

If you get the "Scotchbrite" type wheel,I always use the #9 hardness one. It costs more,but is more durable,and maintains fairly sharp corners better. Of course,this type wheel is not going to be hard like a regular abrasive vitrified wheel.

The #9 wheel leaves a very smooth brushed sort of finish,but a lot smoother than an actual brushed finish.

I am being as clear as mud here!

i have a cotton polishing wheel on one side and a fine wire wheel on the other.
may i suggest a full face shield when using wire wheels, i got a wire stuck in my right nostril as a youngster.
it hurt like heck, both going in and coming out.
i was wearing safety glasses but they were not enough....:eek:

taycat,

I keep one with a wire brush wheel on one end and a buffing wheel on the other.
The wire brush gets used a lot; cleaning bolt threads, removing rust, etc.

Let us know what you come up with......

-brino

On one of my bench grinders I have a pre-used flap disk for quick de-burring. Since the outer edge has been rounded from use it conforms nicely to curved edges of parts.

sorry pressed wrong button.
here goes knocked up spacer for fitting flap wheel tried and worked lovely.
now need to make rest for it as prob be easier to use.
also need to make thicker spacer as one i made used measurement from clarkson so had to use thick washer as well.

grinder.jpg

i have a cotton polishing wheel on one side and a fine wire wheel on the other.
may i suggest a full face shield when using wire wheels, i got a wire stuck in my right nostril as a youngster.
it hurt like heck, both going in and coming out.
i was wearing safety glasses but they were not enough....:eek:

I had a wire come off and ricochet off the peral snap on my wrangler shirt, it went under the faceshield and impailed itself in the end of my nose at the edge of my nostril. I can relate to the pain of entry, and the pain of extraction.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

Back