• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Rear way cover Ring Fu 31?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Cadillac STS

Active User
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I need to replace that rubber cover to the rear of the y axis that covers the screw and ways

What is that called and where do I get one?

Dave Paine

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
You have the name, "Way cover". Do an internet search for something like "Mill way cover" and you will get a good list.

One example, MSC Direct.

Way covers at MSC Direct

These are not cheap. I decided to "temporarily" use a piece of white woven plastic from a bag. I like the white, it reflects the light from the work light in the top of the picture. I need the light in this location.

This is a tough plastic. Perhaps too light duty for many people, but it is working for my hobby needs so far and I have the other side of the bag when this wears out.

Grizzly_G1008_mill_way_cover_8190.jpg

Silverbullet

Use a floor mat from a car or van backseat model.

rdean

Active User
I have used a section of the walking belt from a junked treadmill.
Flexible, tough, and cheep.

Ray

Cadillac STS

Active User
Would someone post the measurements of the stock rear way cover? Length and width. Thanks

Cadillac STS

Active User
I was looking at using some way cover material I had for a Bridgeport and needed the measurement specs of stock cover to trim down

mikey

Active User
Its 11-1/2" square.

Hawkeye

Active User
Mine was falling apart, so I cut a new one from a piece of treadmill belt. Works great.

Cadillac STS

Active User
Its 11-1/2" square.
Great, thanks.

I was thinking since I was putting on a new one that I might install it with a small tilt to one side so coolant will flow off one direction.

My RF31 is new to me. It was a CNCJunior and I bought it used with no motor controller. I just completed a CNC retrofit with a servo system and it is fitted with a coolant system. Just doing some final completion of the control box and getting ready to start using it.

TomS

Active User
Would someone post the measurements of the stock rear way cover? Length and width. Thanks
I would make it wider than the stock way cover. I think mine is 18" wide. It keeps the chips off the ways better and being that you are running coolant (flood?) will also help there too.

[6]
[5] [7]