Recent Posts

It’s still there on my home page, between “Watched Threads” and “Advanced Search Plus”. Which forum “style” are you using? I use vB 3.x - Fluid.

Tom

Edit: I just noticed it's also in the same place on this page.

Last edited:
i know that but when it was above the home all the recent opened as you clicked on the recent, liked it better the old way

i know that but when it was above the home all the recent opened as you clicked on the recent, liked it better the old way
I agree with Kernbigo. Before, new postings were added to the "recent posts" [EDIT: "recent threads", not "recent posts"] chronologically and in order, newest post at the top, regardless of its forum. Now the "recent posts" are not necessarily recent and the "new posts" are not necessarily new. It makes it a lot more difficult or impossible to actually find out what is going on TODAY. As a workaround, I have marked all the forums I am remotely interested in as "watch", but the alert system is a relatively clumsy way to view them. Can we have it back the way it was, please?

Last edited:
I still see the most recent first when I click on recent posts.

Ah, I spoke in error. It was the "recent threads" that went away and I really do wish for it to return...

I am not sure I understand this thread. Here is what I see and use.

Recent  Posts.jpg

Recent Posts 2.jpg

Recent Posts 3.jpg

Now mind you, I use the default Forum Style. It really saves on this kind of headache.

Default.jpg

Last edited:
Randy, there was previously a "recent threads" tab underneath the "home" tab. It listed new posts (EDIT: threads) strictly chronologically, independent of which forum it was on, and the newest post (EDIT: thread) was at the top of the list. It was perfect for seeing what was new on the site. I could always tell if and when I was caught up. It was very helpful. Now it is gone...

Edit: I have always used default style.

Last edited:
Bob, I still am not following you. The Recent Post button is under the Contact Support Tab and the New Posts is under the Raffles Tab. They are both sorted chronologically please see my pics in previous post. The buttons are there just in a different location on the icon bar.

Back