Recent Posts

Randy is Correct. I have exactly the same thing and has not changed.

There was a tab called "recent THREADS" on the bottom row of tabs below the "home" button, on the far left side of the lower row of tabs. Now that space is occupied by "mark forums read." "Recent THREADS" is gone (and missed.) Recent posts and new posts have always been there, farther to the right on the bottom row. They are arranged by the newest POST, "recent THREADS" was arranged strictly chronologically, newest THREAD at the top. I used it every day.

Or maybe Kernbigo and I are living the same dream...

I'm useing vbulletin 4 , recent threads button is under home button top left , and recent posts is a list on right after scrolling down a couple pages on home screen.

You might also try going to ''Members'' and ''Recent Activity''. This give you a chronological listing of posts without regard to forum.

No Bob
There was a tab called "recent THREADS" on the bottom row of tabs below the "home" button, on the far left side of the lower row of tabs. Now that space is occupied by "mark forums read." "Recent THREADS" is gone (and missed.) Recent posts and new posts have always been there, farther to the right on the bottom row. They are arranged by the newest POST, "recent THREADS" was arranged strictly chronologically, newest THREAD at the top. I used it every day.

Or maybe Kernbigo and I are living the same dream...

No Bob, it is I that don't understand. I am failing to see the difference at this point. Just trying to help.

The more I understand, the confuseder I get.

I think part of the misunderstanding about who sees what, when and how they see it stems from some people talking about "posts" as if they are "threads" and some talking about "threads" as if they are "posts".

Or maybe I just got my tongue wrapped around my eye tooth and can't see a word I'm saying.

Tom

You might also try going to ''Members'' and ''Recent Activity''. This give you a chronological listing of posts without regard to forum.
"Recent Activity" shows responses, newly attached files, and other additions to existing threads. "Recent threads" showed a listing of threads, in chronological order, newest at the top, including number of views and number of responses and a partial view of the contents. It was extremely useful. I could, for instance, see immediately if someone had received a response to his/her question yet, and see which threads were getting a lot of posts, all on one page, quick and easy.

The more I understand, the confuseder I get.

I think part of the misunderstanding about who sees what, when and how they see it stems from some people talking about "posts" as if they are "threads" and some talking about "threads" as if they are "posts".

Or maybe I just got my tongue wrapped around my eye tooth and can't see a word I'm saying.

Tom
Yes, Tom, this thread started out that way, and I was one of the ones helping to make it confusing. I think we are now past that. We are talking "Recent Threads", which has gone missing. Edit: It looks like Derrick can still see it(?)

Last edited:
There used to be a recent threads button that was between the home button and the forums button. It brought up the newest threads in new to old order. It made it easy to see the newest questions. The recent post tab brings up post in older threads. I to really miss the recent threads tab.

Back