Recommendations for durable safety glasses

Are the lenses in prescription glasses much better at scratch resistance than typical safety glasses?
If you pay for scratch resistant coating, the scrip Glasses are tough. If you go plain polycarbonate (ANSI) they are about the same as decent safety glasses (Uvex, 3M, etc.).

Pentax makes a sweet old school horn rim with mesh side shields, classic and robust.

Are the lenses in prescription glasses much better at scratch resistance than typical safety glasses?
In my experience, if they both have scratch-resistant coating they're about the same. Don't expect any lenses to stand up to really rough treatment.

I was super happy with the scratch resistance of my Bollé glasses.

They were rather expensive and after losing them somewhere I’ve only bought basic 3M and Milwaukee ones.

With proper care, even these cheaper ones seem to last forever.

I really like the no-cry glasses off Amazon. They are cheap enough when you scratch or damage a pair you wont cry.

Bolle glasses are great. I really like their Silium model. Regardless: Polycarbonate lenses or bust. It's naturally scratch resistant, but the best thing as a machinist is acetone bounces off it making cleaning oily smudges off an absolute breeze. They last me ages. Great impact resistance rating too.

Back