Reemers

Thanks for the replies , impossible to list them all I kept from 1/16 to 7/8 " +. - x2 on all . There was lots of multiple sizes , And am donating the rest to the site for distribution

I still need a 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" straight flute chucking reamers if they become available. :)
Thanks Bill.

Thanks for the replies , impossible to list them all I kept from 1/16 to 7/8 " +. - x2 on all . There was lots of multiple sizes , And am donating the rest to the site for distribution

Glad you decided to keep them. I try not to have to use them because they cost so much & rare to find around here.

So how would a person go about getting on the distribution list?

I have a small collection of reamers. Straight, tapered and a few adjustable (not quality). When I need a perfect hole and I happen to have the right reamer, it's like winning the lottery!
However, more often than not, I don't have the one I need and I land up spending hours boring on the lathe only to make that "just one more light pass" and over-size the hole.

When I start getting close to size I'll take a spring cut even if I've only removed 2thds. Keeps me from going "one more, one more, crap".

Count me in as interested in buying / receiving donations, haha.

I'm pretty new to machining, and was just looking at reamers the other day.

I would only need the most common sizes to get me rolling (like a starter kit! haha)

Add me to the list!

Joshua W.

I was going to say about all the shops I been in use reamers. They are quicker and easier to produce precision holes. Specially holes under a 1/2 inch in diameter. Some shops use bigger ones.

Hello Guys,
i met Derrick Yesterday. He's a really nice guy and has some very nice equipment.:) His generous gift will benefit many shops
i have taken possession of the reamers and will act as custodian for the time being.
in the next few days i'll be sorting and making them available to the membership.
i'm considering starting another thread, with the inventory listed and the process for distribution upon completion of inventory.
i'll give a link in this thread if a secondary thread is made.
thanks to Derrick!!! that was a really cool gesture
all the best
mike:)

Back