***Resolved*** NEW PM-1440HVT-2 Lathe (PM fixed it)

Ya I was in a state of depression when someone said earlier its not easy replacing the spindle or some of the other things that it could have been. Thanks for your help!
It mean these guys know their stuff. Good company will keep them in the my mind for equipment I might need in the future.

Oh that is so awesome!!!
Well done and now you are on your way!

Running around like crazy while my wife is away lol. I’m glad to hear you got it fixed, but I am still surprised the play you showed in the gears is normal. Now, you get to finally enjoy your new lathe!
Hopefully these videos and comments can help someone out down the road. This was the video PM sent me for allowed play in the gears.

Well I get to eat some crow, but glad it worked out. I have had problems with motors cogging before auto-tuning, but haven't come across anything like what you experienced. I would be curious to know what the parameters were before you changed them. I have worked on some of the 1440EV lathes from Eisen that used the Yaskawa VFD's which I am quite familiar with and used on many VFD installs. I haven;t used any of the Toshiba or Delta drives, every VFD/motor combination can be different, but kudo's to PM/QMT working it out with you, they did a very good job.

Well I get to eat some crow, but glad it worked out. I have had problems with motors cogging before auto-tuning, but haven't come across anything like what you experienced. I would be curious to know what the parameters were before you changed them. I have worked on some of the 1440EV lathes from Eisen that used the Yaskawa VFD's which I am quite familiar with and used on many VFD installs. I haven;t used any of the Toshiba or Delta drives, every VFD/motor combination can be different, but kudo's to PM/QMT working it out with you, they did a very good job.
Thanks for your help and support with this! I was supposed to write down what the parameters were incase it didn’t work and change them back. I didn’t write them down. I figured I’d have them give me the instructions on changing them back if needs be. Thanks again.

Thanks for your help and support with this! I was supposed to write down what the parameters were incase it didn’t work and change them back. I didn’t write them down. I figured I’d have them give me the instructions on changing them back if needs be. Thanks again.
Some might say you got lucky on first try. Maybe the frequency was off.

Awesome that you now have a usable machine! I hope you can enjoy it. Hats off to PM also. We all need to remember the poor guy on the other end of the conversation is more than likely doing their best to help, unfortunately they have no way to feel, touch, smell what is happening. I would say probably the hardest job you could have.

Guess I gotta eat some crow too. So glad this got worked out for you. Too bad no one took me up on my $20 bet. :)

Back