Revolver speed loader

Sorry I was late on delivery. Here are some of my Speed loaders. 0A4C8BE2-1FE8-4B15-896B-773F8CFADD6D.jpeg6345C366-8EA8-4AD8-8E14-E73B246DF7AE.jpeg
Not much of a notch is needed to retain the casing. Spring detent gives good engagements and roll pins are stops for movement.
I have a colt 45 that uses moon clips and only using acouple times I can say that moon clips load faster for me. The cylinder needs to be machined to accept though. 7C74DE0C-4830-4F01-B02E-558D01EEEF6C.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures. Yesterday I sprung a high pressure water leak in my shop, so I got the water all shutoff and a semi clean of my shop and just took the rest of the day off.

I think I've got all my measurements now and on those first two stems I'm all good for a 3rd go. I'll do the lathe work and put the stem in a dividing head, do the milling then just drill a hole for the detent shaft and spring and be pretty much done.

The roll pins look centered to the casing bores. So you get the correct throw. I saw you knurled the od on the shell holder. I love knurling but depending on the gun that knurling might touch the frame and scratch your finishes. Might want a recessed knurl instead.

Almost the middle of may and it's snowing....go figure. Grizzlies showed up 8 days or so ago in our yard and left their paw prints on one of our glass doors and the dogs never woke up...go figure20230423_183811.jpg

So pontiac as the stem rotates it closes on the rim of the case to keep it in the loader. It looks like the portion that closed on the rim to hold it firm is slanted a bit. Is that slant on the top or bottom of the stem rim protrudence?

Getting closer, gotta work on the detent pin and spring......I'm thinking .171 OD pin with reduced shaft for spring.20230506_144511.jpg

Does anyone know......is the detent just a ball and a spring or is it a longer piece of metal with a ball machined on the bottom and a spring on top.

The roll pins look centered to the casing bores. So you get the correct throw. I saw you knurled the od on the shell holder. I love knurling but depending on the gun that knurling might touch the frame and scratch your finishes. Might want a recessed knurl instead.
You can get a recessed knurl look by making nice deep knurls the usual way and then turn down the tops that stick up on your lathe.

Back