Rf 30 Spindle Pulley Lock Nut?

Thegratenate

Registered
Registered
The nut that holds the spindle pulley down was lost in the move when I naught u my machine home. Enco says it can be ordered and should be here by September. I measured the threads on the spindle and got 16 tpi and 1 5/8. Is there any body that knows for sure if that is the correct size? I can pick up a nut that size at auto zone. I'd'm like to make chips this weekend.
Thank you in advance.

I measured 1.650 across the spindle threads on mine, so it should be 1 5/8 -16. I didn't see anything listed at auto zone for that size, and the closest that McMaster had listed was 1 5/8 -12.

Grizzly sold the rf30 as G1006, and Harbor Freight as 2119, or 33686, so it's possible one of them would have it.

Good Luck, hope you get your machine up and running soon.

Let us know if you are able to find it.

I searched eBay for that size and found Dorman #615 121. Called in the order at O'Reilly and pick it up in the morning. Ironically it is a spindle nut.

Pretty sure it is metric. M42 x 1.5 is pretty close to 1.650 OD x 16 TPI At an OD of 1.650, a 1.625 Major Diameter nut is going to be tight at best. The F250 spindle nuts could be metric so you may be just fine.

If the F250 nuts don't work let me know. I think I have a couple of these nuts off of my Enco RF30. If they are the correct size I'll mail them to you.

Tom S

JimDawson called it. The 1 5/8 lines up nice threads appear the same, but it's too tight to put on without problems. I'll clean on the machine until I can get the right nut in the mail. M42x1.5 is out there but I haven't found an economical way to buy one yet.I'm going to have to work something out with you TomS I hope the ones you have are correct for mine I'll pay you for the parts and shipping let me know what works for you.
Thank you

JimDawson called it. The 1 5/8 lines up nice threads appear the same, but it's too tight to put on without problems. I'll clean on the machine until I can get the right nut in the mail. M42x1.5 is out there but I haven't found an economical way to buy one yet.I'm going to have to work something out with you TomS I hope the ones you have are correct for mine I'll pay you for the parts and shipping let me know what works for you.
Thank you

If you have access to a lathe it would be pretty easy to open that nut up a bit, or just make one. This is the only other option I found https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11505430

Thank you

I'll dig them out in the morning and measure them. If they are M42x1.5 I'll let you know and we can work out the shipping arrangement.

Tom S

I'll dig them out in the morning and measure them. If they are M42x1.5 I'll let you know and we can work out the shipping arrangement.

Tom S

Looks like I have two that will work. Thread OD is 1.642" (41.675mm) and the pitch is 1.5mm. Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send them in Monday's mail.

Tom S

Back