• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Rf 30 spline wrench

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Sylvainmom

Iron
Registered Member
I know there were many posts about this topic but, in order to give another option, here’s what I’ve done this morning. This is made out of a simple hexagonal 1-3/4 ‘’ bar and I use an adjustable wrench to hold this device.

Attachments

woodchucker

Banned
Banned
At first when I saw it, b4 I read your post, I thought you took a hex die, and ground it down inside. Good solution.

Sylvainmom

Iron
Registered Member
The hexagonal shape was basically used for indexing. As this is a 6 splines shaft, you dont have to bother with a dividing head. It doesn’t always have to be complicated!

C-Bag

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
What I like is it's nice and thick. I bought one of those homemade ones off eBay an it was maybe 1/8" thick and when I used it I think it left dings on the splines. I'd never felt the head hang up before during down feed, so I tossed it. Yours there is no way it's going ding the splines. Good job.

Cobra

Active User
Any reason that I should not be just putting the mill in L-1 to tighten and loosen the collet drawbar?

kvt

Active User
Good Idea, I may have to try that. I just got an Enco 30 that did not have a spline wrench. Now I have a project for it.

Sylvainmom

Iron
Registered Member
Most of the time, you wont have to use this tool since the draw bar is quite easy to unscrew but, since this is not a gear head machine, no matter the speed you've chosen the spindle will turn easily.

Cobra

Active User
Most of the time, you wont have to use this tool since the draw bar is quite easy to unscrew but, since this is not a gear head machine, no matter the speed you've chosen the spindle will turn easily.
Very correct. With the gears in the lowest setting, the spindle is difficult to turn.

[6]
[5] [7]